Reviewed.com — News & Features Editor — Sep 2011-Present
- Features, buying guides, how-to pieces, and news—anything that isn’t a review, I probably have a hand in. Lots of writing and editing, plenty of short- and long-term editorial planning, some design and layout. I also work on collaborations and content sharing with USA Today and our fellow Gannett properties.
DigitalAdvisor — Editor/Producer — October 2009-August 2011
- Editorial lead at a small network of tech-review websites. Did a bit of everything, from writing, editing, and a bit of design, to finding freelancers, securing test products through PR reps, data entry, and admin work.
Forbes.com — Contributing Writer – October 2009-April 2011
- Contributed a monthly column about consumer tech.
Making Music Magazine / International Musician — Staff Writer — May 2009-August 2009
- Wrote profiles, features, and how-to articles for a pair of music-themed print titles.
Jerk Magazine – Editor-at-Large — September 2007-May 2009
- Syracuse University’s premier student magazine. Launched the first daily blog among any student publication on campus.
Syracuse New Times – Editorial Intern – May 2007-August 2007
- Syracuse’s weekly A&E paper. Compiled the weekly events listings and wrote local interest stories, music and book reviews, and profiles.
Syracuse University – S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communication – Class of 2009
- B.A. Magazine Journalism / Policy Studies
Boston Latin School – Class of 2005
- Proficient in Digital Photography, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Google Analytics, Google Docs, Microsoft Excel, WordPress, AP Stylebook.
- Familiar with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, other CMS and style books.